Steve Rhyan MA, PA-C, CSCS
Steve Rhyan has lived in the Orange County area for over 30 years. He joined SOCO in August of 2010 to assist Dr.Fitzpatrick in providing exceptional care to his patients.
Steve obtained a Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Physician Assistant studies from Drew-UCLA University. In addition, he has accomplished and experienced the following:
- Masters Degree in Physiology of Exercise with an emphasis in human performance. San Diego State University, CA
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. San Diego State University,CA
- Nationally Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Lecturer in Exercise Science & Strength Development at San Diego State University and Santa Ana College, CA
- Instructor of Physical Fitness & Health for Police, Firefighter and Military personnel
- Participated in Naval research- BUD’s training, Coronado Naval Base, CA
- Published author in peered reviewed journals
- Health & Fitness Coach for people with chronic diseases like Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes or Cardiovascular Disease
- Professional International & National Moto-cross competitor
Steve continues to develop his medical knowledge by attending seminars and conferences with the following organizations:
- California Association of Physician Assistants
- American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- American Association of Exercise Physiology
Orthopedics, Sports Medicine and Exercise Physiology have always been an interest to Steve. These areas of study help people understand how to prevent an injury or what the different pathways may be toward rehabilitation.
Steve feels fortunate to help Dr. Fitzpatrick optimize each patient’s care plan on an individual basis. The goal is to have each patient return to his or her lifestyle better than when they walked through SOCO’s doors.