At Newport Orthopedic Institute - South Orange County Orthopaedics, you are given the
opportunities and challenges you desire to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best
every day. What you’ll find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared
sense of community that brings us all together. Come join our world-class team of Board
Certified Physicians and professionals here in Mission Viejo, CA!
At Newport Orthopedic Institute - South Orange County Orthopaedics, you are given the opportunities and challenges you desire to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best every day. What you’ll find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared sense of community that brings us all together. Come join our world-class team of Board Certified Physicians and professionals here in Mission Viejo, CA!
The Entry-Level X-Ray Technician for the Mission Viejo Clinical office is responsible for all aspects of back office tasks including, but not limited to: preparing patients to see the physician, assist physician with procedures, respond to requests for information from patients, physicians, pharmacies, work comp adjusters, complete forms and paperwork as requested, schedule tests as requested, perform X-Ray related duties, and perform other duties as directed.
Full Benefits package for full time employees. *Sign-on Bonus*, Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO & Holiday Pay, 401K & profit sharing!
- High School degree required
- CMA certificate preferred
- Training in orthopedics preferred
- Training and X-Ray Tech License
- CPR certification
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Comfortable using e-mail and interacting with Internet applications
- Experience with an EMR (NextGEN preferred0)
- Working knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Knowledge of medical terminology and Current Procedure Terminology (CPT) and ICD-10 codes
- Working knowledge of managed care basics
- Knowledge of anatomy
- Experience and knowledge in X-Ray preferred
- Pleasant speaking voice and demeanor
- Good communication skills
- Neat, professional appearance
- Excellent customer service skills
RESPONSIBILITIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prepares for the day by assuring that all medical records, test results and films are available for the physician.
- Assures exam rooms are clean and ready for next patient; prepares rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Puts charts up for physician when patient is ready in exam room.
- Greets patients and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms and back to check-out after exam.
- Prepares patients for exam or treatment.
- Assists physicians during examinations and minor procedures as directed by the physician, including suture/stitch removal and dressing removal/applications, removes and applies casts and splints, etc.
- Documents all patient correspondence in NextGEN, whether the encounter is in person, by phone, fax or e-mail.
- Assists all doctors in specialty area according to their protocol.
- Changes patient’s appointment status in Centricity during visit/treatment.
- Schedules tests and off-site procedures when necessary.
- Sends task to MRI, Physical Therapy and Surgery Schedulers as necessary.
- Orders and maintains supplies from company-approved vendors in coordination with other MAs; stocks exam rooms, and maintains equipment for patient treatment including sterilizer, cast saw and centrifuge.
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA guidelines.
- Approves pharmacy requests for prescription refills according to physician protocol.
- Performs and documents patient education.
- Works closely with Triage Medical Assistant to address all clinical questions from patients within established protocols.
- Obtains and reviews all test results and reports ordered by physician. Presents abnormal results to physician for immediate review. Assures all results and reports are in the medical record for physician to review and approve.
- Ensures that laboratory samples are picked up by the reference laboratory.
- Cleans and closes down sterilization equipment at the end of the day.
- Obtains internal authorization for workers’ compensation referrals to physicians, services or surgery.
- Provides internal office staff, workers’ compensation adjusters, and/or case managers with work status reports and other clinical information as requested.
- Verifies HMO insurance eligibility on a daily basis to ensure patients are covered for current month.
- Completes patient disability forms for physician approval.
- Scans/files patient documents into NextGEN.
- Captures X-Ray images of patient extremities for diagnosis – studies X-Ray images to create a detailed report of findings and presents them to physicians in a clear and detailed manner.
- Complies with governmental protocols to ensure the safety of patients and employees by using protective instruments and exercising safety measures.
- Controls X-Ray video display and verifies the quality of pictures taken meets quality standards.
- Arranges timely service of radiographic equipment in making minor repairs (as outlined).
- Consistently meet Productivity Standards as defined.
Responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Newport Orthopedic Institute.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful conditions, and work irregular hours. Employee will be exposed to body fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Ability to perform multiple tasks||Novice|
|Customer service skills||Novice|
|Neat, professional appearance||Novice|
|Communication (written and verbal) skills||Novice|
|Team Player: Works well as a member of a group|
|Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity|
|Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well|
|Technical/other training or better.|
Licenses & Certifications
|Cert Radiologic Tech|