At Newport Orthopedic Institute - South Orange County Orthopaedics, you are given the
opportunities and challenges you desire to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best
every day. What you’ll find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared
sense of community that brings us all together. Come join our world-class team of Board
Certified Physicians and professionals here in Mission Viejo, CA!
Back Office/X-ray Assistant
At Newport Orthopedic Institute - South Orange County Orthopaedics, you are given the opportunities and challenges you desire to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best every day. What you’ll find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared sense of community that brings us all together. Come join our world-class team of Board Certified Physicians and professionals here in Mission Viejo, CA!
The Full-Time Entry-Level Back office X-Ray Assistant is responsible for all aspects of back office tasks including, but not limited to: preparing patients to see the physician, assist physician with procedures, respond to requests for information from patients, physicians, pharmacies, work comp adjusters, complete forms and paperwork as requested, schedule tests as requested, perform X-Ray related duties, and perform other duties as directed. Works as a team with other medical assistants in the sub specialty area to provide patients with an excellent encounter.
Full Benefits package for full time employees. Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO & Holiday Pay, 401K & profit sharing!
- High School degree or general education (GED) required
- AA Degree or Trade School Preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- One to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of practice management preferred
- Familiarity with Centricity, TouchChart and PACS software or, at minimum, is proficient on a computer
- Comfortable using e-mail and interacting with Internet applications
- Pleasant speaking voice and demeanor
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Neat, professional appearance
RESPONSIBILITIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Using Centricity, TouchChart and PACS programs, receives x-ray requests from doctors; notifies X-Ray Tech.
- Prints x-ray orders
- Transports patients to and from exam rooms to appropriate x-ray area (Extremity, ARC, Sports or Spine); obtain wheelchair when needed.
- Helps patient onto/off of table, as needed.
- Sends message to appropriate Medical Assistant when x-rays are complete.
- Brings up X-ray image in exam room upon returning patient to exam room.
- Assists Help Desk Support Specialist in providing instruction to physicians, as needed.
- Scans films brought in from patient from outside service provider.
- Delivers films to Hoag Hospital, as needed.
- Prints films as needed.
- Requests films from archives, as needed, until all charts are digitally stored.
- Scans/files patient documents into TouchChart.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful conditions, and work irregular hours. Employee will be exposed to body fluids on a regular basis.
Patients and staff wear masks in the office.
|Communication (written and verbal) skills||Novice|
|Customer service skills||Novice|
|Ability to perform multiple tasks||Novice|